Nutrien in Lima, Ohio is partnering with OhioMeansJobs Allen County to assist with the 2022 Operator positions available!
Operator Job Posting Benefits Summary
- Starting pay is $30.32 per hour
- Overtime opportunities
- Pay maxing out at $48.28 per hour
- Pay is graded based on qualifications held from company training
- Paid time off is graded based on years of service
- Starts out at 120 hours per year
- Maxes out at 240 hours per year
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability, and Life Insurance benefits all available
- Retirement 401k program, with 100% company match of the first 3% of your base pay
- Annual bonus program
- Company match charity program
Watch this video to learn more about the Operator positions that are available!
If you are interested in the Operator position with Nutrien, please CLICK HERE to complete the application.
- Alternating, 2 weeks of nights and 2 weeks of days (commonly known as 2-3-2 schedule), hours are 6 to 6
- On your long week, working Mon-Tues-Fri-Sat-Sun
- On your short week, working Wed-Thur
- Flip from days or nights schedule on your 3-day weekend
- Area Operators know their schedule ahead of time each calendar year
- In rare cases where overtime cannot be filled, everyone shares the load and has assigned mandatory coverage
- Holidays will fall on your scheduled days to work. Choice to take extra paid time off or additional pay
- The process units within the plant run 24-7-365, each with an operator who is responsible for running them
- The process units are connected in many ways. Operators work in a team to run them safely.
- Prepare and clear equipment for Maintenance
- Place equipment back in service after Maintenance
- Work with Engineering to maximize production and efficiency
- Take samples and instrument readings to ensure equipment health
- Operators work outside and inside, regardless of weather
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) worn includes safety glasses, hard hat, flame retardant clothing, and hearing protection
- Occasionally the job requires working from heights, in confined spaces, or wearing a respirator
- Is there opportunities to move advance within the company?
- Operators can apply for other positions, just like anyone else in the company
- There are other opportunities within the Operations department, but also in the Safety, Maintenance, and Engineering departments
- Can also apply at other Nutrien facilities