TechCred is a funding source that will help Ohio companies upskill their current and incoming workforce to meet the needs of the increasingly tech-focused economy.
The current TechCred application period closes on August 31st at 3:00pm, allowing for another opportunity for companies to train current and/or incoming employees.
In order to support the changing needs of Ohio businesses and workers during the economic recovery, following the COVID-19 crisis, the following changes have been made to the TechCred program:
- TechCred offers employers up to $2,000 in reimbursement for every technology-focused credential earned by an employee, up to $30,000 per employer per application period.
- To make TechCred more flexible for upskilling new hires, employers are no longer required to list employee names when applying for TechCred. Instead, they will identify the number of current or prospective employees they will upskill.
- Employers awarded in October 2019 and January 2020, who had credential programs interrupted by the crisis, may request to extend their 18-month award eligibility timeline.
- Employees can now earn multiple credentials during each application period.
- Through TechCred, businesses can prepare their workers with the skills needed to advance in a technology-infused economy.
Virtual Credentials: Many of the TechCred pre-approved credentials can be completed 100% virtually! Examples of these credentials and training providers can be found at TechCred.Ohio.gov.
Visit TechCred.Ohio.Gov for more information.